This course provides a comprehensive overview of the entire spectrum of orthopedic nursing. In one full day, you will glean the most important concepts and pearls of wisdom needed to care for a broad range of orthopedic patients. This course provides an excellent final review for those planning to take the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Exam or those wanting to enhance their orthopedic knowledge base. It is also a terrific way to provide contact hours for orthopedic nurses.
Location: Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center – 4th floor Alumni Classroom
Hosted by: Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital and The OrthoCarolina Foundation
Cost: Free---Donations (optional) may be made to the Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital Foundation
- Describe the signs and symptoms, surgical and non-surgical interventions, and nursing plans of care for individuals with degenerative joint disease.
- Identify nursing plans of care for orthopedic patients during the pre-, intra-, and post-operative periods.
- Discuss signs and symptoms and nursing plans of care for select complications of orthopedic injuries or surgery.
- Create appropriate nursing plans of care (surgical and non-surgical) for patients with musculoskeletal tumors.
- Differentiate the clinical signs and symptoms and nursing plans of care for patients with selected inflammatory disease processes.
- Compare treatment options and nursing management of metabolic bone disorders.
- Develop therapeutic nursing interventions for children with pediatric, congenital, and neuromuscular disorders.
- Describe common traumatic injuries and nursing plans of care for such patients.
- Determine preventative measures for common sports injuries.
NOTE: Specific times associated with content are outlined on the course agenda. The course is 7.5 hours in length.
NOTE: Sponsorship for this program was provided by Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital in the form of AV equipment, meeting space, and meals, and by The OrthoCarolina Foundation in the form of course materials and fees. Novant Health, OrthoCarolina and Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital had no role in developing, planning, implementing, or evaluating this course.
There is no conflict of interest on behalf of planners or presenters of this continuing nursing education (CNE) program.
Participants must be present for the entire continuing nursing education program and complete the evaluation form before receiving nursing certificates of completion.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP3432.
The National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
For information contact: Contact Krista Lamoy, BSN, RN, ONC email@example.com or 704-384-3089